Make industry-leading business podcasts with a passionate, global team.
Lower Street is a podcasting company that works with agencies, startups, and enterprise companies to make amazing shows. Shows that matter, that make an impact.
We're focused on 2 things:
- Making the best podcasts we possibly can, and
- Continually challenging ourselves to learn, experiment, and hone our craft.
From concept to distribution, we help clients to develop their ideas into fully fledged podcasts. And it's really fun.
What's the gig?
We’re looking for a Production Manager to join our Production Team, and will work closely with folks like Harry (CEO), Sam (Executive Producer), and Adam (COO).
In this role, you’ll be sitting amongst our (truly terrific) production team, managing the production process from end to end.
Basically, we’re talking about being the glue between every aspect of our production team, audio team, and beyond, in order to create the absolute best experience for our clients possible.
But don't worry, you're not alone. We foster a collaborative culture and work together to make sure everything we produce is the absolute best it can be.
Things you'll do:
- Define and own the production systems and processes from a high level from start to finish. It’s a big deal.
- Organize and coordinate the preparation of show contracts and schedules.
- Ensuring that recordings run smoothly and on time.
- Provide production task support to folks on the production and audio teams.
- Coordinating recordings, audio files, session files, scripts, and documents with the team.
- Assist in the sourcing process for show guests.
- Co-owning the process of assigning team members to projects and managing workloads between shows and the team.
- In general, being the conduit to creating incredible content.
Who exactly are we looking for?
In short, does this sound like you? Someone that is:
- Creative. You are able to foster and maintain the creative vision of the podcasts at Lower Street.
- Communicative. You have excellent written and verbal communication and excel in collaboration with teammates and our hosts.
- Authentic. You put the people around you at ease and bring your own unique voice to things like research, writing, and scripting.
- Adaptable. You thrive when you need to find solutions, make adjustments, and receive feedback. You work efficiently to get the job done by deadlines.
- Passionate. You love storytelling and connecting business communities through content marketing.
For this role, you ideally have:
- Previous experience as a production manager (ideally inside of podcasting!).
- The ability to manage multiple (and potentially complex) projects at the same time.
- Terrific Emotional Quotient and Emotional Intelligence – you deal with people all day, every day, and you’re good at it.
- A real love and appreciation for podcasts.
- The ability to work to deadlines so that shows never miss schedule.
- A critical eye and a close attention to detail.
- Amazing communication skills.
- Work from anywhere. Your house in the country, a coffee shop in the city, a yurt in the forest -- we don’t mind. As long as you have strong enough wifi.
- Truly great work culture. We’re a young and small, but established company -- you can make a real impact, but we’re not in the business of micromanagement.
- Flexible Hours. Outside of ideally having some working overlap with UK working hours, we have a globally distributed, asynchronous team.
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and public holiday policy. Just throw us some notice and share where you go on holiday!
- Equipment Budget. Headphones, software, staplers, fax machine (probably not that last one) -- whatever you need to be set up for success.
- Professional Development Allowance. Courses, conference tickets, books -- we’re invested in you.
- Planned team retreats in really fun spots. When travel restrictions ease up, we’ll be collaborating and celebrating from time to time in person.
Learn more about us here.
How to apply
If you’re thinking: “This is totally me!” then be sure to apply here. Even if you’re thinking: “This definitely could be me!” apply anyways — we love diverse and non-traditional backgrounds.
Please, sneak the word ‘Toast’ somewhere into your application to show us you read the whole job description.
We can’t wait to meet you!