Who's Lower Street? What do we do?
Lower Street is a fast growing podcast agency. We work with brands to develop, produce, and grow award-winning shows.
Shows with brands like:
- Pepsi, BCG, Booking.com,
- Global auto brands (we're not allowed to say their name!), and
- Funded startups and agencies.
From concept to distribution, we help clients to develop their ideas into fully fledged podcasts. And it's really fun.
And in the work that we do, we have noticed that there are no events dedicated to branded podcasting, to help marketers learn from each other and industry experts how to succeed in creating audio.
So we've decided to create the first ever branded podcast virtual summit, and that's where you come in...
What’s the role?
We're looking for a talented Virtual Event Coordinator to join our team on a part-time freelance basis. In this role, you will play the central role in the planning and execution of a Podcasting Summit scheduled for the mid 2024.
This is roughly a 6-month contract position.
If you love podcasting and events, this could be for you!
Things you’ll do
- Podcaster Coordination: Reach out to and liaise with speakers and guests for their pre-recorded content, ensuring they are well-prepared and aligned with event goals.
- Speaker Outreach: Pitch and secure a diverse roster of speakers and presenters, coordinating their participation in the event.
- Platform Setup: Set up and manage the virtual event platform to ensure a seamless experience for attendees.
- Supplier Collaboration: Collaborate with external suppliers and partners to coordinate logistics and technical requirements.
- Email Marketing: Oversee the distribution of promotional emails to partner lists, ensuring effective communication and engagement.
- Event Coordination: Work closely with the Head of Marketing and CEO to organize and execute all aspects of the virtual event, ensuring it runs smoothly and meets its objectives.
We’re looking for someone who is:
You are a junior to medium-experienced event coordinator with the following qualities:
- A podcast fan!
- A love of virtual events and the ability to create engaging and memorable experiences for attendees.
- Proactive and Detail-Oriented: A self-starter who can proactively manage tasks, meet deadlines, and pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Effective Communicator: Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, to engage with speakers, partners, and attendees.
- Tech-Savvy: Comfortable with virtual event platforms and digital tools, able to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Team Player: Collaborative and able to work effectively with cross-functional teams, including marketing and leadership.
- And, let’s face it, you’re in events; you love the adrenaline rush on the day and pulling off a great show 🙂
Who are we looking for?
For this role, you ideally have:
- At least one year of experience in virtual event coordination or related roles.
- A portfolio or examples of past virtual events you have coordinated or contributed to.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to multitask in a dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms and CRM systems.
- Availability for a 3-day-per-week commitment from October to January.
- An enthusiastic and positive attitude, ready to take on challenges and drive success.
Why this role?
Work from anywhere. Your house in the country, a coffee shop in the city, a yurt in the forest -- we don’t mind. As long as you have strong enough wifi.
Truly great work culture. We’re a young and small, but established company -- you can make a real impact, but we’re not in the business of micromanagement.
Flexible Hours. Outside of ideally having some working overlap with UK working hours, we have a globally distributed, asynchronous team.
Learn more about us here.
How to apply
If you’re thinking: “This is totally me!” then be sure to apply here. Even if you’re thinking: “This definitely could be me!” apply anyways — we love diverse and non-traditional backgrounds.
Please, sneak the word ‘Spirulina’ somewhere into your application to show us you read the whole job description.
We can’t wait to meet you!