Make industry-leading business podcasts with a passionate, global team.
Lower Street is a podcasting company that works with agencies, consultants, and enterprise companies to make amazing shows. Shows that matter, that make an impact.
We're focused on 2 things:
- Making the best podcasts we possibly can, and
- Continually learning and improving on what we do - both individually and as a team.
From concept to distribution, we help clients to develop their ideas into fully fledged podcasts. And it's really fun.
What's the gig?
We’re looking for a producer to join our Production Team, and will work closely with folks like Harry (CEO), Sam (Sr. Producer), Alex (Audio Engineer).
In this role, you’ll research, plan, script, and edit interview-based podcasts (no editing of audio, just words).
As a producer, you'll be helping to develop the show concept and format, coordinating with the clients to deliver audio and communicating feedback with them and the team, and managing the project internally.
But don't worry, you're not alone. We foster a collaborative culture and work together to make sure everything we produce is the absolute best it can be.
Things you'll do:
- Researching subjects (often technical) and prepping interview plans for our hosts to produce weekly or bi-weekly episodes.
- Coordinating recordings, audio files, session files, scripts and documents.
- Editing tape, bringing episodes together (again, no audio editing involved in the role).
- Writing interview prep sheets, narration scripts and coordinating with hosts to record them.
- Writing show notes, blog posts, and sometimes social content.
- Working with the sound designer on the creative direction of an episode and the final edit.
- Coordinating with the client and managing other contributors from the Lower Street team to ensure projects are delivered.
- Sourcing audio clips from external sources.
- Occasionally booking and scheduling guests.
Who exactly are we looking for?
In short, does this sound like you? Someone that is:
- Creative. You are able to foster and maintain the creative vision of the podcasts at LowerStreet.
- Communicative. You have excellent written and verbal communication and excel in collaboration with teammates and our hosts.
- Authentic. You put the people around you at ease and bring your own unique voice to research, writing, and scripting.
- Adaptable. You thrive when you need to find solutions, make adjustments, and receive feedback. You work efficiently to get the job done by deadlines.
- Passionate. You love storytelling and connecting business communities through content marketing.
For this role, you ideally have:
- Extensive experience writing B2B content.
- The ability to listen to raw tape and pick out the most engaging, important, informative pieces to form a story that educates, inspires, and entertains the audience.
- A talent for researching and understanding often complex topics and extracting their essential elements to tell a compelling story.
- Script writing experience.
- The ability to work to deadlines so that shows never miss schedule.
- A critical eye and a close attention to detail.
- Work from anywhere. Your house in the country, a coffee shop in the city, a yurt in the forest -- we don’t mind. As long as you have strong enough wifi.
- Truly great work culture. We’re a young and small, but established company -- you can make a real impact, but we’re not in the business of micromanagement.
- Flexible Hours. Outside of ideally having some working overlap with UK working hours, we have a globally distributed, asynchronous team.
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and public holiday policy. Just throw us some notice and share where you go on holiday!
- Equipment Budget. Headphones, software, staplers, fax machine (probably not that last one) -- whatever you need to be set up for success.
- Professional Development Allowance. Courses, conference tickets, books -- we’re invested in you.
- Planned team retreats in really fun spots. When travel restrictions ease up, we’ll be collaborating and celebrating from time to time in person.
Learn more about us here.
How to apply
If you’re thinking: “This is totally me!” then be sure to apply here. Even if you’re thinking: “This definitely could be me!” apply anyways — we love diverse and non-traditional backgrounds.
Please, sneak the word ‘Cucumber’ somewhere into your application to show us you read the whole job description.
We can’t wait to meet you!